I started using my JPEGUtil class which can determine dimensions of jpeg images. Unfortunately it doesn’t work well on every jpeg. I analysed these images and realized that these images has encoded with progressive mode. After some research I extended the code to handle a progressive encoding mode too.
Now the code can handles the followings:
– Huffman default and optimised mode with or without progressive mode
– JFIF header, if the unit is pixel
– Arithmetic encoding without progressive mode (SL 2B1 doesn’t support Arithmetic encoding).
The updated code and a mini sample app, can be found in the earlier post: http://sipostamas.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F648CB161AEB2D04!157.entry.